5 Strategies for Avoiding Negative People AT Work
1. Set boundaries. Don’t feel pressured to sit and listen to a negative person. Their negative energy will seep into your own life and affect your attitude.
2. Avoid complainers. People who complain about everything will never enhance your life. They don’t offer solutions, only point out problems. They will knock your ideas and suck you into their emotional pity party.
3. Weed out negative employees. Your company culture is a critical part of your brand. One toxic staff member can affect the entire culture of your business. Formerly positive employees may show signs of dissatisfaction, or worse, they may begin to adopt the behavior habits of their negative co-worker.
4. Choose your battles. Don’t engage every time someone irritates you. Not only will you be seen as argumentative, you’ll be welcoming the toxicity into your own life.
5. Don’t over analyze the situation. Negative people can sometimes behave irrationally. You will waste valuable time and energy if you try to make sense of their actions.