HTML 5 is a latest freshest adaptation of HTML which includes many advantages like it is possible to embed video and audio, high quality drawing. Using HTML5 different
technologies can elaborate on the features. it is highly advanced for using media files directly such as audio,video,graphics, etc. Moreover it enables direct adding
of css files.
2. Cleaner markup / Improved Code.
3. Improved Semantics
4. Developing for HTML5 saves you time, allowing you to code the app once and deploy it on any platform. While the code may still need to be optimized for different
mobile browsers, this is not nearly as much work as coding it again. Additionally, users are able to access HTML5 apps without downloading them to their phones.
Additionally, the location of the app on the web can make it easy to integrate with usage from a home computer.
4. More descriptive and Improved Semantics,
5. Richer Media elements,
6. Elegant forms, Consistency,Support Geolocation
The disadvantage of HTML 5 is that it is not being used widely and therefore would not be accessible by all system.
Some of the demerits are stated below –
1. The main problem with HTML5’s acceptance is that only modern browsers support it.
2. Another problem is that although parts of the language are very stable, the language itself is considered a work in progress, so technically, any of the elements
could change at any time.
3. HTML5 lacks the monetization power that the Apple and Google app stores provide. Users do not currently have a central location from which they can look through and purchase HTML5 apps.
Instead many of these apps have to rely on money from advertising, which is simply not as lucrative. Due to limited access to many mobile phone’s features and varied
support of HTML5 across browsers, developers often have to rely on workarounds to get the functionality they need
5. Another ugly fact about HTML5 is Media Licensing Issues.
6. It can not produce dynamic output. Security features are offered by HTML 5 is limited. The language is spec.