How to Be Successful in Life : In such a fast moving and ambitious life, we all want to be successful but only few can achieve it either in Personal or Professional Life.
We are putting together few common practices of Successful people around the world. Remember these focal are not drawn from Interviews but are the observation and lot of research has been thrown to know the reason why they are successful.
1. Identify your passions : Before you can achieve success, you will have to define what success means to you. While it may take years to realize what you want to do with your life, identifying your passions, interests, and values will help you set goals and give your life a sense of meaning. Ask yourself the following questions:
What do you want your legacy to be?
How would you like to be remembered by others?
How do you want to make your community a better place?
What are your subjects of interest?
2. Make a list of your goals, and what you might do to achieve them : Be sure to address both short-term and long-term goals; try to think beyond financial/career goals.
3. Consider which subjects you enjoyed studying in school, and why : This can help give you an idea of what you may be best at or more interested in.
4. Live purposefully : In order to achieve your dreams and be the person you want to be. You will have to start paying attention to your actions. Ask yourself, is what I’m doing going to lead me to where I want to be in life?
If you find yourself constantly bored, daydreaming about the future or past or counting down the minutes until the day ends, it is probably because you feel disconnected from what you’re doing. Consider changing careers or majors to a field that you care about but remember that it could mean changes you are not thinking of. Does that job pay enough to support yourself? Is it something you might get bored of eventually? Do I really want to commit to that job?
5. Cherish your time : Try to spend your free time doing things that you enjoy doing, rather than wasting time. For example, rather than spending your weekends watching television, spend them partaking in your hobbies or spending time with loved ones.
Remember that the concept of “wasted time” is relative. Not everything you do has to be productive in the conventional sense, but it should be engaging and enjoyable.
6. Be Socialize : Be ready to participate in social functions. Be open to new acquaintances. Meet new people and deal with them respectfully and enthusiastically. Be an active listener; you will surely learn something new.
7. Accept challenge : Through challenge you will reach areas of your personality you have never discovered before. It is a good idea to step away from your comfort zone to explore new horizons. If you settle into a routine and play it safe all the time, you will never get ahead in your career. ‘If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll only get what you’ve already got’
8. Enjoy the present moment : If you are constantly dwelling on the past or daydreaming about the future, you are missing out on the present moment. Remember that the past and the future are simply illusions, and that real life takes place here and now.
Start paying attention to negative thoughts so that you can learn to silence them and enjoy the present moment. If a negative thought arises in your head, then acknowledge it, label it a negative thought, and then let it fade away.
Get in the habit of paying attention to the small details around you. Appreciate the feeling of the sun on your skin, the sensation of your feet walking on the ground, or the artwork in the restaurant you are eating in. Noticing things like these will help you silence a rambling mind and appreciate every moment.
9. Sell Joy : “Stop focusing on selling your product or service; instead, focus on the joy your company creates, and let that drive your growth. Scale the joy. Systematize how you deliver the joy. Sell the joy.
10. Deliver Happiness : “I am a huge fan of the Zappos “delivering happiness” movement. I think that the paradigm for how companies and customers interact is changing in a big way. When I see examples of terrible customer service, it makes me shake my head. Delighting your customers is the fastest way to grow a hugely successful business.
11. Don’t Be Afraid to Fire Customers : “You cannot please everyone, so find the customers who fit your company, and don’t waste your time on customers who don’t
12. Don’t Work All the Time : “When I was young, I used to pull all-nighters a few times a week and would average only a few hours of sleep a night. Looking back, my life was totally unbalanced. I was far less productive and extremely unhealthy in general. Now, I have dinner with my kids, work out every day, do yoga, maintain a reasonable balance and get way more done than when I “worked” more hours.