India is full of surprises. Just when you think you’ve got it all figured out and are calmly sipping on tea in a saucer, BAM! Another surprise hits you in the face. But never fear, for we have compiled some cool things you didn’t know about India or Indians. Here you go!
- A sugar company in Andhra provides rocket fuel to ISRO.
- A city name Jhumri Telaiya actually exists in Jharkhand.
- There’s a city called Madras in Oregon, USA.
- India has never invaded any country in the last 10,000 years.
- Veterinary science was pioneered and developed in India by a scientist called SHALIHOTRA.
- India is the largest manufacturer of cycles worldwide.
- The oldest living language in the world is Tamil.
- Madhya Pradesh’s Social Justice and Rural Development Minister Gopal Bhargava created a record by laying foundation stones for 2,551 projects in eight hours.
- The Presidency University in Kolkata offers a course on the enigma of love.